CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Our client is a successful, growing manufacturing company that is an industry leader and produce custom, high quality conveyor, filtration and material handling solutions for our many customers.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our production team. Under the direction of the Plant Superintendent, the Manufacturing Engineer develops process standards, process improvements, plant layouts, capital equipment justifications and works closely with engineering and product development to achieve designs for manufacturability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop state of the art production methods thereby ensuring products are produced in the most cost effective manner, at the highest possible quality level and with the shortest possible manufacturing cycle time.
· Work closely with Engineering and Product Development in re-designing existing products and developing new product designs that can be manufactured in highly efficient ways and offer significant cost benefits.
· Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity, product designs and quality, while reducing costs.
· Participate in the recommendation and purchase of new capital equipment.
· Assist in the development of plant layouts to maximize product throughput with the least amount of material handling and waste.
· Act as a technical resource to vendors, subcontractors and suppliers to address and resolve inquiries and problems, while maintaining positive working relationships.
· Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
· Visit customers and provide field support as needed.
EDUCATION: Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or an associate’s degree in Manufacturing Technology, and three or more years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Candidates should be very familiar with metal fabricated products and machine assemblies and the processes to produce them.
· This is to include laser cutting, press brake forming, welding, mechanical assembly, and finishing. Knowledge of automated and semi-automated welding and assembly is highly desirable along with the design of any necessary fixtures used in such processes.
· Experience with CAD software is a plus and various off line programing software for lasers and press brakes as well.
· Experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. and ERP Software a plus
· Experience estimating/quoting mechanical equipment or components is a plus.