CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Roles and responsibilities, Mechanical Designer:
• Use experience and knowledge to evaluate system-level designs to meet equipment performance goals. Recommend solutions, participate in design reviews and projects. Interpret and apply customer requirements, industry standards, design and manufacturing standards to ensure that designs meet our customer requirements at an agreed upon level of performance and reliability.
• Identify and resolve technical issues and questions within area of expertise with the support of the drill and shovel teams. Provide feedback to other team members and supervision. Execute approved design solutions. Identify and communicate issues as they develop
• Follow established work procedures for engineering documentation.
• Ensure that appropriate cross-functional design reviews are being held before an ERN is released.
• Maintain open channels of communication with the core engineering groups, (Structural/Mechanical, Electrical) as needed on areas of concern. Ensure hydraulic and mechanical systems are integrated parts of the product design.
• Support ongoing resolution of safety, manufacturing, and field issues.
• Support sold order projects.
• Support R&D projects as required.
• Adhere to letter and intent of safety rules.
• Communicate product, manufacturing, or field safety concerns to Engineering or Manufacturing managers and staff.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and SOPs which would help this position or others become more effective.
• Work with and support other team members to ensure on-time delivery of engineering work
• Provide feedback to others completing work when there are issues with quality of work
Main tasks for this position:
• Utilize CAD tool to design components and assemblies in 3D (specifically Creo2.0)
• Follow rules and guidelines to make sure 3D models mate with other assemblies in the machine
• Check any work generated, and support the team by acting as design checker for their work as required
• Support the person running the sold order configurator to generate machine level BOMs on sale of a machine.
• Conduct appropriate calculations and analysis and store those in the appropriate place
• Perform tasks on assigned RFPDs, make sure they are completed per schedule
• Create documentation in the ERN and RFPD system
• Perform MRB tasks and assist MRB liaison with resolution of issues
• Support manufacturing and sub-contract with resolution of issues as they occur
• Support Supply Chain with technical issues on procurement of purchased parts and with replacement of obsolete and discontinued parts
• Review assigned designs and evaluate for complexity, reliability, ease of manufacture & repair, profitability, safety and supportability.
• Develop and recommend solutions to complex designs in order to manage and control risks to an acceptable level.