CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the CI Leader, Global SME PM & 6s, the CI Engineering Role will execute and support Corporate LEAD (Lean Enterprise Across Disciplines) objectives of improving Culture, Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost by focusing on and implementing LEAD Principles at our Manufacturing Sites. The CI Engineer will work as an agent of the LEAD Office to collaborate with the Business Units to develop solutions aligned to the LEAD Principles of Flow, Takt, Pull, Zero Defects, and Zero Waste. The CI Engineer will be a facilitator of Kaizen Events and will work with indirect authority on Projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Actively seek cost savings and productivity improvement opportunities with the business units and client as a whole.
2. Address and resolve production problems related to product design and supplier components using systematic problem solving techniques
3. Establish and implement performance standards that drive results within the business units.
4. Execute lean transformation efforts under the construct of the client seven step process.
5. Investigate new tooling methods, machine tool innovations and improvements in assembly and testing techniques to continuously update process performance, machine utilization, and setup time reduction
6. Manage the key milestones and ensure successful project execution.
7. Optimize production flow, by performing time studies, line balancing analysis and optimizing floor layout design.
8. Participate and contribute to the on-going development and implementation of processes as a member of the LEAD Office.
9. Use Lean manufacturing tools and processes to optimize facility layouts for efficiency improvements.
10. Utilize metrics, lean manufacturing tools and facilitate kaizen events in a manufacturing environment to drive improvements on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
11. Work collaboratively with entire LEAD Staff to consistently communicate the LEAD Vision.
12. Work with the BU's on targeted Continuous Improvement projects.
Skills and Competencies -
1. 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing or Industrial engineering (flexible)
2. Communicate (orally and through written communications) with staff on all levels of the organization.
3. Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
4. Demonstrated project execution and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Familiarity with workstation design and ergonomics would be helpful.
6. Ideal traits include great communications, problem-solver, stick-to-it drive, collaborative nature.
7. Maintain a strong engineering aptitude, curiosity and confidence to make decisions.
8. Possess a strong work ethic, set of personal values, self-directed and motivated.
9. Possess an organized thought process with high attention to detail.
10. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel. MS Project preferred
11. Strong troubleshooting and innovative problem solving.
12. Strong understanding of lean tools (error proofing, flow, 5S, takt time, 8D, standard work, etc.)
13. Understand the “sense of urgency” regarding improvement activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from a four-year college or university with a passion and interest in continuous improvement.
CNC Machining, Assembly / Test Operations, 5S, Visual Management, Lean Manufacturing Concepts, Continuous Improvement Methods, Project Management Rigor, and Cost Savings Analysis are strongly preferred
Employee will be in a manufacturing or transactional environment depending on the project. Employee may work near moving mechanical parts and electrical components. Employee is exposed to elevated levels of noise on the plant floor. Employee may need to travel in the United States for Project Work 25 - 50%.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members at all levels within a diverse workforce. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time.