Our client is an exciting and fast-growing company that provides complete plant systems to customers in the food, mining, and material processing industries.
Skills and Abilities:
- Serve as a key member of a project team, providing engineering support for the planning, design, construction, and commissioning of bulk material handling systems, mining systems, and truck and rail loading / unloading facilities across the United States.
- Perform structural analysis and design of concrete foundations, piers, pilings, and steel structures.
- Interpret geotechnical reports, considering soil-structure interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement, expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost heave, slope stability, underpinning, and other factors in foundation and shoring design.
- Produce plan drawings of foundations, detail drawings showing cross-sections and reinforcing, embeds, and anchors in sufficient detail to allow construction.
- Design supports and concrete foundations per applicable industry codes and standards to support conveyors, crushers, process equipment, bins, tanks, and associated buildings.
- Provide design criteria, concrete specification, and reinforcing specifications with required supporting calculations.
- Interface with customers, contractors, project managers and engineering unit specialists for all technical, design and planning aspects of projects
- Advise contractors on site during installation.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required.
- Master's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- PE License
- Ten years relevant structural engineering experience required
- Must be available for occasional travel for meetings, site inspections, and consultation.
- AutoCAD and RISA 3D Foundation structural software or similar
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and other applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Knowledge of surveying and coordinate systems.