CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
The Electronics Project Engineer reports to and works under direct supervision of the Plant Electrical Supervisor. Duties are performed with minimum supervision, but include conferences on planning, scheduling, progress, and difficulties encountered on projects or work assignments. Requires knowledge and involvement with plant maintenance, energy usage, electrical distribution systems, backup utility systems, process control systems, instrumentation, equipment such as kettle reactors, mixers, grinders, rolls, extruders, and presses, and regulatory requirements such as OSHA and ISO.
- Analyzes electronics requirements of projects. Writes specifications, estimates labor and material requirements to install and complete a project. Makes cost analysis of project.
- Works with vendors, other engineers, staff and production personnel in the design and automation of plant equipment.
- Conceives ideas to improve quality, safety, productivity, profitability, etc. and proposes ideas to Plant Electrical Supervisor or Manager of Plant Engineering for possible implementation.
- Develops computer programs for programmable logic controllers (PLCs), distributed control systems (DCS), and various industrialized control computers.
- Works with Maintenance Department on installation, startup, and repair of plant electronics equipment.
- Makes engineering sketches which can be used as working drawings. Communicates with draftsmen to make finished prints.
- Develops for approval, preventive maintenance and calibration programs for plant equipment, as assigned.
- Provides technical support to production regarding equipment and facilities.
- Ensures all installations conform to the applicable government regulations, safety and insurance standards, applicable codes, and client standards.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings to aid in the coordination of work and projects.
- Works with Manager of Plant Engineering, Plant Electrical Supervisor and Purchasing Department in the establishment of vendors for items required for specific projects; follows Company policies and procedures regarding requisitions.
- Attends training seminars and advanced schooling as directed or requested to maintain a high level of understanding and insight within related fields. Keeps current on new technology and developments through contact with educational institutions, professional societies, and manufacturers, and by reviewing relevant literature and attending trade shows.
- Ensures observance of client policies and procedures regarding record keeping, information security, department operations and safety.
- Management reserves the right to assign other duties and special projects as required, and to set all work standards and practices under Company policy.