CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Project Engineer - Mechanical
||Schedule, plan, forecast, resource loading and utilization, and manage all the technical program activities from concept to completion to ensure that all program requirements and deliverables are met per schedule, budget, COGS, and to acceptable quality.
|Required Knowledge and Skills
- BSME, BSEE, BSSE, BSAE or equivalent job experience plus demonstrated technical skills and job knowledge. PMP, CPM, or other project management certification preferred.
- 5+ Years of project engineering and/or project management experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong Microsoft Project skills.
- Experience with Agile methodology a plus
- Self starter with lots of initiative.
- Strong ability to work to budget and to deadlines.
- Proactive – strive to make important tasks less urgent.
- Strong ability to manage customers (internal and external) expectations.
- Awareness of the company/department vision and mission statement.
- Good technical skills – theoretical and practical.
- Comprehensive knowledge of products their team is responsible for and knowledgeable of overall B/E New Berlin products.
- Good understanding of the technologies used on NB products.
- Strong awareness of industry trends.
- Ability to anticipate issues and formulate action plans.
- Good knowledge of the PD process.
- In depth understanding of Lean product development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Easily adapt to company culture.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Point of contact in engineering for programs.
- Hold themselves accountable for program deliverables and results.
- Set high expectations for them.
- Set clear expectations for team members.
- Manage program engineering budget.
- Attain and sustain high team morale.
- Collaborate with managers and other stakeholders to achieve department goals.
- Promptly escalate issues to engineering upper management.
- Ensure good quality, to schedule, and to agreed to COGS.
- Ensure team members follow established processes and company guidelines.
- Aware and champion department KPIs and CPIs (DR = 0%, FPY = 100%, OTD = 100%).
- Keep abreast of relevant new technologies.
- Ensure all milestones are achieved as per agreed upon plan
- Function as the glue that holds the technical aspects of the programs together.
- Create detailed technical schedule.
- Take ownership of the execution of the technical schedule.
- Ensure that program requirements (customer, AS9100, certification, industry standards, and business requirements) are met.
- Take ownership of the products outlined on the technical schedule.
- Work with Engineering Managers and management to ensure that prioritized programs are properly resourced.
- Relentlessly, stay on top of project risks (technical, schedule, cost, and quality) to prevents risks from becoming issues.
- Collaborate with technical leads and PM to create a detail technical proposal after contract is awarded, ensuring customer sign off before project work starts.
- Collaborate with technical leads and PM to ensure scope and requirement freeze at ITCM.
- Collaborate with leaders of other departments to ensure that program deliverables are met.
- Present program status, milestones, risks, and mitigation plans at weekly program review.
- Participate in Zero Gates meetings.
- Participate in monthly PMRs.
- Prepare slides for monthly program updates.
- Support the creation of Technical Proposal and working with the PE and PM, ensure customer sign off before project work starts
- Ensure adequate and effective cross functional design reviews per process flow
- Thorough understanding of the design process flow.
- Ensure completion of system level requirement analysis.
- Promote product (or component) reuse in-lieu of new design
- Enforce that all documentations are accurate, adequate, and correct
- Be aware of critical path and work towards achieving schedule
|Reporting and Influence
- Report to senior engineering management
- Have no direct reports but own the technical aspects of all programs assigned to him/her.
- Exercise strong and positive influence with indirect reports and other stakeholders