To support and assist lead engineers, architects and managers throughout the various phases of projects as directed.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations
- Effectively and satisfactorily coordinate and conduct pre-design duties and services, including but not limited to site and building analysis, project cost and feasibility, planning and zoning regulations and field verification of existing conditions.
- Effectively and satisfactorily coordinate and conduct design duties and services, including but not limited to schematic design, design development, coordination with engineers/consultants, review construction costs and have a thorough understanding of applicable codes and regulations and client specific requirements.
- Effectively and satisfactorily complete necessary and/or desired documentation and proficiently utilizing various software and design programs, including but not limited to CAD drafting and preparation of construction documents, efficient use of BIM software and updating/editing of project specifications.
- Effectively and satisfactorily provide drafting services for consultants/engineers on a project and/or as needed basis.
- Effectively and satisfactorily perform general project coordination/management duties and services, including but not limited to managing project file sharing and access with all team members, active participation in team meetings and coordinating and submitting documents and other information to clients in a timely manner.
- Effectively and satisfactorily lead quality review duties and services, including but not limited to completing quality control and/or quality assurance checklists.
- Effectively and satisfactorily perform construction administration duties and services, including but not limited to assisting with all stages of construction administration, reviewing and responding to submittals and Requests for Information (RFIs), performing adequate site observation and coordinating final punch list documentation.
- Effectively and satisfactorily engage in daily business activities and development activities, including but not limited to scope definition, proposal and request for proposal (RFP) writing, formulating proposals, initiating and modifying project management standards to exceed project requirements, decision-making regarding team technical performance relative to procedures and end product as consistent with contract requirements, authorizing and sending invoices to clients, reviewing and managing all activity of the construction administration process, participating in inspections as determined by project contracts, completing government forms, generating and maintaining partnership opportunities/ relationships and drafting and conducting presentations.
- Effectively and satisfactorily perform daily staffing duties, including but not limited to project planning (establishing project goals consistent with contract agreements, intimately understanding fee arrangements, management systems and project scheduling requirements and establishing project budget), making staffing decisions and actions, monitoring team performance to assure compliance with contractual agreements, monitoring product quality, design and technology to assure consistency with contractual agreements, assisting staff in achieving career goals, mentoring staff and managing staff training.
- Effectively and satisfactorily performing engineering production duties and services, including but not limited to performing contract work, reviewing contracts and fee proposals, assisting project managers with sub-consultant agreements, providing design direction/input and guidance and code compliance, assisting with company design and production systems and managing quality assurance/quality control review systems.
- Successfully mentor staff as needed and as determined by the Director of Operations and/or Company President.
- Ensure ongoing professional development by attending trainings, webcasts, seminars and conferences as needed, reading other relevant literature related to design engineering, project management and/or construction administration topics.
- Maintain an active membership in one or more professional or nonprofit organizations or groups.
- Produce and achieve written personal and professional goals on a biweekly basis.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by a Supervisor, Director of Operations and/or Company President.
- Earned a bachelor of science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering (ABET accredited)
- PE License for State of Wisconsin
- Proficient with Deltek/Ajera, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and other software as required by your position
- Capable of utilizing various file sharing programs including but not limited to ShareFile, Newforma, Submittal Exchange and Gecko