CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
New Product Designer
The New Product Designer will support the new product development and product and process improvement projects as part of a multidisciplinary team.
This includes all aspects of the project including designs, analysis and management of the engineering work.
Designer will integrate customer, market, and code requirements with manufacturability and cost constraints to arrive at a unique and desirable architectural solution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Responsibility for new product design projects from conceptualization to launch
- Brainstorming, hands on prototyping, and physical testing of design concepts
- Creates component specifications and coordinates technical supplier communications for NPD. Supplements purchasing support of NPD sourcing and costing needs.
- Developing and coordinating execution of complete product validation plan including FMEAs and compliance testing.
- Manages outside design and listing service communications for NPD.
- Coordinates and supports execution of details related to product launches – instructions, sales samples, literature, and tradeshow planning.
- Performs NPD post launch audits. Supports continuous improvement of NPD processes.
- Supports custom architectural railing businesses needs through research, sourcing, costing, and development of unique job requirements.
- Supports development quality assurance programs and warranty claims for technical products
- Supports special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of four-year degree with a focus in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of five-years applied design engineering job experience
Please forward your resume for consideration!
- Excellent 3D CAD skills (Inventor/SolidWorks)
- NPD phase-gate process experience
- Cross functional project management experience
- Hands on prototyping skills
- Ability to conduct finite element and structural analysis
- Solution oriented
- Technical writing, excellent documentation and communication skills
- Architectural, lighting, and/or consumer electronics product experience a plus
- BIM and ISO:9001 experience