CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our New Berlin area client has an immediate need for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for assisting with and/or leading moderately complex projects across multiple products.
- Quoting, planning, estimating and other design functions
- Assist with the build process, development, test and functionality of the designs.
- Handle all mechanical aspects of design for multiple products in the line, including generating accurate drawings and bills of materials
- Ability to successfully lead engineering projects from cradle to grave; releasing orders with little to no guidance
- May provide work direction to designers and less experienced engineers involved in project(s)
- Estimate non-standard items for new RFQs; generate estimates for Sales team
- Provide quotes for design and development of mechanical systems, and redesign of existing systems to meet the customer needs
- Communicate with customers/sales to develop mechanical specification
- Interface with Electrical Group to integrate PLC control
- Work with manufacturing to ensure product manufacturability and troubleshoot floor problems
- Follow through on field tests and develop new ideas as suggested by the results of the tests
- Act as technical support for the sales team
Please forward your resume ASAP for consideration
- BSME and 5+ years of mechanical design and project management experience
- Design experience, including creating drawings and bills of materials
- Quoting (including scope of work) experience
- Design for manufacturability experience
- Ability to develop and make presentations to customers and company management
- Communication Skills with an emphasis on working with all departments in the business unit
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Intermediate to expert level experience with CAD systems, such as Solid Works
- Ability to travel as required