CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Magnetics
- Develop design solutions to meet overall goals of customer as well as Specialty Components.
- Evaluate customer equipment installations and recommend design solutions to satisfy customer challenge.
- Perform data analysis and make fact based recommendations.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending education workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Problem solving is a key aspect of the position which encompasses originality, ingenuity, and detailed data collecting skills, analytical skills, and application of general scientific principles for solutions of problems.
- Manage Action Plans (Project Management), maintain projects and prepare detailed written reports on a project as necessary.
- Interact with sales team, customers, and company leaders to convey project status, resources needed, likelihood of success, etc.
- Guide internal and external Designers/Drafters and junior engineers
- Assist shop floor personnel to troubleshoot issues and resolve root cause of problem
- Provide technical support to other areas
- Create test protocols and design of experiments to validate performance of both prototypes and manufacturing.
- Participate in and lead as necessary Kaizen and 5S projects throughout the business.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or materials science
- Experience in designing electromagnets to achieve force/movement of mechanical devices.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar field.
- Thorough knowledge of a 3D solid modelling package (SolidWorks, Creo, Inventor) and drawing tolerance conventions.
Capabilities and Success Factors:
- Communicates thoughts, ideas, information, messages in a logical, organized and coherent manner; Ideas are well developed with supporting information and examples.
- Proactively anticipates short-term barriers to achieving goals or plans and effectively communicates possible solutions.
- Encourages others to challenge old assumptions and try innovative improvements.
- Proactively seeks to improve through new ideas or methods.
- Systematically analyzes situations or information to find key themes or recurring patterns and incorporates findings into project.
- Develops strong decision making criteria including cost, benefit, risk, timing, buy-in and selects the decision most likely to succeed and benefit the company.
- Gathers information to understand the profitability, benefits, and risks of new opportunities.
- Expresses him/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations, small and large groups with peers, direct reports and customers.
- Uses a holistic approach to analysis that focuses on the way that a system’s parts interrelate and how systems work over time and within the context of larger systems.
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays