CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Specialty Components
Our Client, located in the South Milwaukee/Cudahy area has an immediate need for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
This will be a 'Direct Hire' position with our client and they are looking at hiring very quickly.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Problem solving which encompasses originality, ingenuity, and detailed data collecting skills, analytical skills, and application of general scientific principles for solutions of problems.
- Project Management to maintain projects and prepare detailed reports.
- Interact with internal customers, and company leaders to convey project status
- Guide internal and external Designers/Drafters and junior engineers
- Assist shop floor personnel to troubleshoot issues and resolve root cause of problem
- Provide technical support to other areas
- Perform data analysis and make fact based recommendations
- Develop design solutions to meet overall goals of customer as well as Specialty Components
- Create test protocols and design of experiments to validate performance of both prototypes and manufacturing.
- Evaluate customer equipment installations and recommend design solutions to satisfy customer
- Participate in and lead as necessary kaizen and 5S projects throughout the business.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending education workshops and reviewing technical publications.
Capabilities and Success Factors:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or materials science
- Ideal experience will include working with power transmission products in an industrial setting including gears, couplings and bearings. Other experience may be considered.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a similar field.
- Knowledge of a 3D solid modelling package (SolidWorks, Creo, Inventor) and drawing tolerance conventions.
Forward resume ASAP for consideration!
- Communicates thoughts, ideas, and information in a logical, organized and coherent manner
- Anticipates barriers to achieving goals or plans and effectively communicates possible solutions.
- Encourages others to challenge old assumptions and try innovative improvements.
- Proactively seeks to improve through new ideas or methods.
- Systematically analyzes situations or information to find key themes or recurring patterns and incorporates findings into project.