CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Field Service Automation Technician
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can share your passion for Engineering while being on the cutting edge of technology? Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial/self-motivated (takes ownership and drives initiatives to completion) and detail-oriented Field Service Automation Technician with solid experience integrating Components into Systems - both into PLCs and into cloud based data stores.
This position is responsible for trouble-shooting and proper installation of integrated digital solutions for a variety of client products. The ideal candidate for this position likes to work as part of an outstanding team delivering new Internet of Things solutions to the Industrial customer space. The candidate can work autonomously and can handle several customer projects at once. This position supports the deployment of Digital Solutions with a local and global team of resources that are applied on both project and standard work items.
- Install and Repair Digital Solutions to various customers
- Provide customers with technical support and product training at their site locations in initial phases of on-boarding activity for new products
- Integrate customer equipment into cloud based systems via client equipment
- Troubleshoot connectivity based systems
- Learn new concepts that client brings to market and deliver them to customers
- Bring VOC to client product management so new solutions can be created
- Make continuous improvements to automate and simplify the inquiry and selection process, to improve the customer’s experience, minimize response time, and improve our quality and capability.
- Work with outside vendors to select appropriate accessories when required.
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Technical degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Electronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited university preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial automation products such as PLC or DCS and industrial networking required with experience in power transmission industry preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with network protocols like Ethernet/IP, Profinet, and Modbus/TCP
- Working knowledge of instrumenting equipment with sensors for data monitoring to HMI and cloud-based systems
- Working knowledge of network devices like routers, switches, etc. that are used in a networking environment, within a factory facility preferred
- Working knowledge of wireless devices and how to integrate them into an industrial network preferred
- Strong communication skills to interact verbally and in writing with a variety of internal and external customers
- Strong “hands on” problem solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret design prints as well as customer specifications
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, as well as CAD
- Flexibility with work hours to maintain a minimal backlog.
- Greater than 75% domestic and international travel may be required
- Tech Savvy - Demonstrated bias towards bringing new technologies and solutions to an existing product portfolio
- Communicates Effectively - Communicates thoughts, ideas, information and messages in a logical, organized and coherent manner; ideas are well developed with supporting information and examples
- Manages Complexity - Provides impact analysis and alternatives so management can understand the implications and decide on alternatives (e.g. risk, change, scope and approach)
- Decision Quality - Considers several explanations and multiple solutions then forming logical conclusions
- Strategic Mindset - Considers long term as well as immediate short-term outcomes and actions
- Financial Acumen - Recognizes the impact of cost and quality on competitiveness, customer satisfaction and profitability
- Optimizes Work Processes - Focuses on continuous improvement of processes
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays