CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Mechanical Designer - Creo
A successful Designer is detail-oriented, proficient in Pro/E (Creo), able to rapidly learn new concepts/techniques, a strong team player and has a strong mechanical and technical background. This individual will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and exceed customer expectations. Able to operate independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment, Designers can switch gears quickly to meet project requirements and assure that design features, dimensions, tolerances and allowances conform to functional and manufacturing requirements.
- Create Complete and Accurate Prints and Solid Models. Responsible for the creation and improvement of component drawings and solid models. Work closely with Engineering team to prepare conceptual sketches of new products from required specifications. Able to quickly grasp new component design concepts, creating design layouts that determine the relationship between components, tolerances, allocation of space and component geometry. Make necessary calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, selection of materials, hardware and type of construction. Consistently checks all layouts, sketches, calculations and formal drawing documentation of designs for accuracy, completeness and adherence to standards.
- Design for Assembly and Manufacturability. Investigate design options to reduce cost, improve performance and optimize manufacturability. Ensure design features, dimensions, tolerances and allowances conform to function and manufacturing requirements.
- Execute New Project Set-up and Design Change Requirements. Create new project folders, project set-up in Baan and updating engineering print database. Responsible for revising drawings, preparing change orders, investigating change requests and proposing redesigns to improve performance or reduce costs.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand equipment and component knowledge. A wide variety of new designs and applications are developed within the Engineering department, requiring successful Designers to grasp concepts and build a deep knowledge of component design requirements quickly.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training with emphasis in Mechanical Design or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience using CAD technology relevant to current software: CREO experience required; Mechanica (FEA) and QuickCAD experience helpful.
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawing practices, ANSI standards, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.