CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
The Manufacturing Engineer develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, deploys and validates new manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes, with emphasis on standardized work.
- Work closely with manufacturing to develop, coordinate and implement technical training for employees.
- Serves as a cross functional member of Continuous Improvement team, with a role to optimize the manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality and cost reduction.
- Estimates production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential and documents through manufacturing standards.
- Work with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts or material purchase, and evaluating products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Design and develop manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings, design concepts, and shop orders.
- Provide engineering support in production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Complete any special projects as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering required and 5 years minimum related experience and/or training.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to top management, internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- CAD/SigmaNest knowledge
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of quality management systems, specifically ISO-9001.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.