CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Engineering Manager - Modular
Position Title: Engineering Manager (Modular / Wisconsin)
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Engineering Manager plans and directs design and manufacturing engineering activities and projects within the organization. The Engineering Manager ensures that all projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformity with Modular’s established policies and business objectives, while working with internal and external resources and customers. The Engineering Manager will utilize best practice engineering methods, processes and tools to provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and implement policies and procedures to establish a well-functioning Engineering department.
- Organize and manage both special projects and ongoing design maintenance, making detailed plans that work towards the fulfillment of our objectives.
- Examine technology, organizational resources and the demands of Engineering’s internal and external customers in order to plan work.
- Direct, evaluate, and confirm product design and changes where applicable.
- Ensure that design releases and revisions follow engineering best practices.
- Recruit, assign, direct, and evaluate internal and external engineering resources for design and manufacturing engineers, designers, drafters, and related engineering support personnel.
- Work with the Quality department to maintain technical and process documentation-related certifications.
- Support production and the business through engineered cost reduction, continuous process improvement and work documentation via standard work and work instructions.
- Implement and maintain best-practice engineering tools appropriate for Modular’s business, including thorough documentation of engineering staff training levels on various engineering tools and platforms.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects, being the voice of the technical experts and engineering best practices.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform and contribute to root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Participate in the division budgeting process.
- Contribute to the hiring and onboarding process for new team members as appropriate and necessary.
- Creative problem-solver and self-starter.
- Excellent listening skills, and strong communication and project management skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software. Familiar with 3D parameteric CAD and PDM/PLM functionality. Willing to learn new technologies.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience in manufacturing or other technically intense, high-throughput business environments.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or other technically oriented discipline.
- Ability to perform under minimum direction, with high personal energy, and a positive approach to dealing with challenges and ambiguity