CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Automation Controls Engineer
The Controls Engineer is responsible for technical support for large scale projects – typically, new product lines, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new product lines or major improvements in existing product lines.
This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining standardization across manufacturing sites.
The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms.
- Design, develop, debug and deliver automation controls and electrical controls hardware and software for internal customers
- Work as part of an execution team and assume complete responsibility of system updates or new system control functions from start to finish of the project.
- Function effectively in a team environment, hold process reviews, and training sessions as needed, and support quoting efforts as required.
- Write specifications defining the functional scope of assembly and/or test equipment requirements.
- Global leader for all sites for data acquisition hardware/software on hydraulic test equipment controls and programming.
- Write code (PC, PLC, VB, and LabVIEW) to execute process. Architect, develop, test, and deploy a reusable, modular software solution that involves using a structured software development process with version management.
- Integrate VFD and Servo motor controls to manufacturing equipment
- Connect equipment via Ethernet and CAN communications
- Specify electrical drawings to communicate desired process
- Write equipment support manuals, including electrical schematics and program documentation.
- Integrate vision hardware (Cognex, Keyence) into process/controls
- Work with IT to integrate process data collection to SQL database and deploy a standardized database format globally.
- Support field installation, startup and integration on manufacturing floor of all global sites.
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight deadlines.
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- 4 years’ experience working in systems engineering, design, assembly, and/or material handling.
- Programming experience is required. (LabVIEW, Allen Bradley, Siemens required, Mitsubishi, Modicon preferred)
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints and schematics.
- Must have good electrical wiring and debugging experience.
- Vision integration experience (Cognex, Keyence).
- HMI programming experience, VB program knowledge needed
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Understanding of OSHA safety standards required for automated assembly and test equipment.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)