CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Automation Controls Engineer
The Automation Controls Engineer position is responsible for developing electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and suit each automation project while also providing controls engineering input to various product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering and operations.
- Design, repair, modify and troubleshoot PLC based electrical control system and motion control system.
- Monitor, modify and write PLC programs (AB and B&R primarily)
- Connect electric power to machines and equipment, and control wires between machines and equipment.
- Plan layout and wire electrical control panel and install on industrial machinery.
- Able to design a control system using PLC, motion control, and MM.
- Diagnose and replace faulty electrical and electronic components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, positions sensing devices, and printed circuit boards.
- Onsite layout and installation/commissioning of custom machines and automation cells.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Ability to design a control system using a PLC, motion control and MMI
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens or B&R PLCs programming is preferred.
- Experience in FANUC, ABB and/or Motoman programming is preferred but not required.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials and define parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct cost and time estimation.
- Ability to read/understand mechanical, fluid power, and electrical principles and prints.
- Ability to troubleshoot various types of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Programming knowledge of robotics, PLC controls and other automation equipment.
- The individual must demonstrate attention to detail and finishing.
- The individual must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical project or service requirements. The individual will need be able and willing to work overtime as necessary.
- The individual must be able to multitask, prioritize, show extreme resourcefulness and problem solving skills and perform well under pressure.
- The individual must be able to pass a drug test.
- The individual must be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- The individual must be willing to travel. The work site may be located at various customer sites. This may involve airline travel but this is extremely rare.
- The individual must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Independent personal transportation to office is required. Work vehicles are provided for travel to and from customer’s locations and supplier sites.