CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Electrical Design Engineer
- Design electronic circuitry--from concept to hardware: Block diagrams, Schematic drawings, Layout planning for printed circuit boards (PCBs), Lab development testing
- Work closely with manufacturing and suppliers through purchasing to design robust products, simplify assembly and testing, and assist in the advancement of the state-of-the-art of electronic assembly process
- Specify electrical and electronic components; Approve sources
- Approve department documentation & procedures, Generate testing procedures & requirement
- Knowledge and understanding of customer technical requirements/specifications and expectations.
- Guidance and support to Product Designers and Electronic Technicians, and support to Project Managers and other cross-functional team members.
- Accurate and timely completion of all assigned design related activities for NPD and R&D projects. Develop initial resource loaded design project plans and manage the plan execution Estimate and quote-new project duration, assumptions, feasibility, risks, product and project costs relative to all electrical design related activities. Ability to provide cost estimates for new designs and projects, both high level and detailed. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preferred Experience:
- Switching power supplies: Buck, Boost, SEPIC topologies, < 200 Watt
- Analog circuitry: Bipolar, FET, and Op Amp based circuits
- Designing for EMC: EMI, ESD and Electrical Transient testing compliance
- SPICE-based circuit simulation tools
- EDA Tools: Pads PCB, Pads Logic, DxDesigner
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Basic understanding of embedded hardware and software. (C / C++ / Assembly Language)
- Additional Growth Areas:
- CAN BUS technology
- Image / Data processing
- Software validation
- Automotive EMC / EMI
- Regulatory / Compliance (UL, ETL, CSA, SAE , ECE, CCC, ARIA)
- ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) design