- Support Daily Production Operations.
- Prioritize multiple projects and equipment/line needs to support optimal production quality and volume levels. Collect and record accurate test and process data for use in problem analysis and product verification. Maintain manufacturing process and machine documentation.
- Minimize Machine Downtime and Maximize Parts per Hour on the Line.
- Utilize strong automation background and problem solving skills to design, modify and debug existing and new equipment. Determine root cause of equipment problems and improve process performance. Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, automation, software and hydraulic systems.
- Develop and Document Engineering Procedures and Continuous Improvement Techniques.
- Work closely with quality and engineering from program start-up through completion to analyze machine performance and implement continuous improvement techniques to maximize parts per hour on the line. Use working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies and techniques (5S, Kaizen, TQM, change management, lean manufacturing and/or cellular manufacturing) to assist engineers to develop, evaluate, qualify and improve products, software programs or processes. When improvements are made, assist in the documentation of new processes and techniques utilizing CAD software.
- (Apply Lean Manufacturing Methods.
- Analyze production techniques and machine performance. During the first 90 days, focus on one key line (identified by supervisor) to develop, implement and document process improvements. This requires strong automation/mechanical/electrical knowledge and will be accomplished through machine software and component improvements, identification of weak processes (manual or equipment), and troubleshooting ability to test and implement improved manufacturing techniques.)
- Support Assembly and Testing Processes from Concept through Prove-Out.
- Work closely with mechanical and program engineers to design and repair assembly and testing processes. Assist in identifying areas for improvement, documentation and operator training.
- Facilitate Tool and Fixture Purchases.
- Develop the business justification for, select, design, procure and assist in installation of tools and fixtures utilized to maximize line performance.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor.
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in Industrial Automation Technology, Electrical/Mechanical or Electronics or equivalent education and experience.
- Machine troubleshooting/process control and basic CAD exposure beneficial. Ability to proficiently use electronic tools.
- Experience related to the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, fixturing, and tooling helpful.
- Knowledge or experience in philosophy and techniques of the following would be helpful: cellular manufacturing, self-directed work teams, problem solving, 5S, pull systems, mistake proofing, SMED, Kaizen, change management, ergonomics, TQM, learning organizations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)