CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Engineering Lab Technician
- Understanding of Hydraulic Principles and Client Products Is familiar with hydraulic circuit types and has a working knowledge of Open Center and Closed Center valves. Understanding of Load Sense and Pressure Compensated variants and basic electrical circuits. Able to review and understand hydraulic schematics and blue prints.
- Data Collection, Analysis of Performance, and Presentation of data Analyze, test, troubleshoot and repair new or existing hardware, software, vehicle, electronic or manufacturing designs or processes. Perform testing with attention to detail to assure safety for themselves and people adjacent to the area. Cognizant of valve performance as tests progress to efficiently spot and evaluate product performance issues before moving on to subsequent testing. Has an understanding of data being collected and maintain test setups to assure resolution and accuracy. Maintain accurate records of testing performed. Prepare formal technical reports and basic data reduction/analysis. Present data clearly in formats as specified by the work order originator. Can communicate effectively with Engineering.
- On and off site customer machine evaluations Operation and testing of customer supplied vehicles. Aware of surroundings and external conditions to assure safety for themselves and people adjacent to machinery. Has fabrication skills allowing for modification of hydraulic circuits and installation of prototype valving. Familiar with the use and maintenance of portable data acquisition equipment. Conduct themselves in a professional manner when interfacing with customers.
- Build & Test Design Prototypes Work closely with Design Engineers to perform the following tasks: read blue prints, check drawings, assemble specified prototypes, order experimental parts, complete tolerance stacks, understand testing needs, set-up and execute required testing, and record accurate test data.
- Troubleshoot & Debug Prototype Assembly & Test Failures Take a hands-on problem solving approach for prototype assembly and test complications. This requires solid understanding of full product design, strong knowledge of testing techniques, and ability to determine root cause of failure.
- Design & Build Test Fixtures Design and build special test fixtures and processes to meet engineering needs and specifications. This requires the ability to learn and thoroughly understand current testing and analysis procedures within 2-3 months after starting in this position.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve Rapidly expand equipment and component knowledge. A wide variety of new designs and applications are built and tested within Automotive Engineering department, requiring successful Engineering Technicians to grasp concepts and designs and build a deep knowledge of testing equipment and capabilities quickly. At a minimum, individual will be expected to build a general understanding of valves and components over the first 30 days, understand lab equipment and uses within the first 60 days, and learn/utilize HUSCO systems for tracking lots and recording tests within the first 90 days.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training with emphasis in Fluid Power Technology, Hydraulics, Electronics or equivalent.
- Machine shop experience, general hydraulic experience and general computer knowledge is preferred.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing practices and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience working with oscilloscopes, function generators, instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Visio, Labview Applications, MatLab scripts.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)