CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
The Electrical Engineer will perform entry-level product design within the electrical design group. Will work under close supervision; receives specific and detailed instruction as to required tasks and results expected. Normally works on modifications and/or revisions to established products. Requires a basic understanding of design theory and ability to both read and prepare drawings
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare concept sketches, layouts, and specification documents as required
- Assignments may involve new product design, product improvements, test analysis, production liaison and service liaison utilizing a variety of engineering disciplines
- Responsibilities include electrical design, testing, and documentation
- Prepare basic analysis, test, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility
- Prepare and report on progress, feasibility, and concept studies, etc. as required
- Assist other departments in preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects
- Maintain close contact and coordinate activities with other groups within the Product Engineering department
- Ability to perform job functions in a safe manner
- Successfully complete all safety training required by the time constraints set by governmental regulations
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or will consider candidates who will obtain degree by May 2018.
- A basic understanding of electrical control systems and the ability to read electrical schematics.
- Familiarity with electrical components such as CAN controllers, joysticks, and displays.
- Experience with 3-D modeling software for electrical assembly documentation is required, Pro/E (Creo) preferred, Pro/Cabling experience is desired.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel is required.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally on a limited (< 10%) basis.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Working conditions include normal office environment with exposure to job site or production factory environment (heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for brief periods of time).