CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Mechanical Designer/Engineer - Automation
Our Johnson Creek area client has a need for a Solidworks Mechanical Designer/Engineer. This could be a contract, contract to hire, or direct hire position.
The mechanical designer’s main responsibility is to produce cost effective and functional part models, assemblies, and drawings on time and on budget.
Core competencies and responsibilities:
Efficiency and cost reductions:
- Solid Works - proficient in modeling, assemblies, drawings, sheet metal, weldments, BOM’s, configurations, templates, etc.
- Take instruction from lead design engineer on concepts
- Ability to concept, design, and detail a project from start to finish (fabrications, sheet metal, tooling, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining budgeted hours and parts cost on individual projects
- Understanding of mechanical, fluid power, and electrical principles
- Design for manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and time reduction
- Work with vendors to obtain quotes and act as the buyer for these components
- Specify manufactured and purchased parts for ordering and follow up
- Develop effective work orders with complete instructions
- Review and confirm proper assembly, fit, and function of designs.
- Rework reduction and reusing existing design where feasible
- Documenting designs that can be re-used
Please forward your resume asap for consideration!
- 5+ years of experience in designing custom equipment (robotic systems, material handling, special machines, fixtures)
- Knowledge of machine tools a plus
- Hands on shop assembly and/or machining a plus
- Mechanical design or engineering degree a plus but not required