CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Engineering Manager - Minerals Processing
As a leader in the bulk material handling industry, our client continues to provide experience, knowledge, and dedication to remain at the forefront of the industry. Our client offers an extensive list of standard products, as well as the knowledge and flexibility to quickly design custom projects.
Our company is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager who will be responsible for developing, managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the growing engineering department. The ideal candidate will have deep industry knowledge and the drive to optimize our performance to best serve our customers.
· Directly supervise engineering department consisting of engineers, designers, drafters, and support staff.
· Manage day-to-day operations of the Engineering team. Assigns workload making best use of the team members’ capacity and skillsets to ensure the team is operating at the highest level of performance.
· Manages all engineering projects and resolves engineering problems.
· Manage 3rd party outsourced engineering, selection, schedules and deliverables.
· Work with sales and project management to develop proposals for customers that meet and exceed their expectations.
· Responsible for providing engineering quotes, pricing, and design based on customer specifications.
· Perform capacity planning and provide solutions to meet continued growth while maintaining customer schedules.
· Ensures continuous improvement in process, cost, quality, efficiency and production.
· Coordinates activities of department with other units or organizations.
· Provides phased estimates of all engineering work in process.
· Evaluate the results of engineering projects regularly and reports these results to the executive team.
· Ensure exceptional quality of all deliverables, both internal and external.
· Bachelor’s degree in structural or mechanical engineering. PE license for Wisconsin is a plus.
· Minimum of 15 years engineering experience with 5 years managing engineers and technical staff; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery.
· Proficient with Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor software is a plus. Tekla, RISA, and Prosteel experience a plus.
· Proven experience in managing complex design projects.
· Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
· Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong customer service and communication skills.
· Ability to develop relationships with employees and customers.
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
· Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
· Some travel will be required