CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Under general supervision, the electrical engineer collaborates with the product development team to design, develop, and test systems and/or components related to new and derivative designs.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Collaborate with the product development team to develop new products utilizing the latest materials, processes, and technology.
- Responsible for the design of wire harnesses and electrical schematics for low voltage DC circuit systems used on snow removing equipment.
- Design controls and write PLC programs for client products.
- Assist in gathering detailed and complete specifications for new products.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing in voice of the customer (VOC) meetings.
- Perform product testing to ensure that products meet specifications and design intents.
- Work with operations and suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality and scheduling.
- Team up with service to resolve prioritized product issues in a timely manner.
- Travel to customer's work sites when necessary to perform on site diagnostics.
- Embrace the engineering department vision, strategy, and plan.
- Support the engineering sustaining team vision to drastically reduce product issues, warranty liabilities, and shop rework.
- Produce innovative designs with a high degree of cost-efficient manufacturability.
- Adopt a continuous improvement attitude in regards to processes to attain and sustain a center of design excellence
- Ability to travel up to 20% in the US and Canada.
KEY EXPERIENCE will be in Cable and Harness design, Electrical Schematics Design, and DC Circuits
Other ideal experience would include:
- Proficiency with PLC Programming (J1939, IQAN) would be a bonus.
- Background in engine diagnostics as well as general knowledge in drivetrain, driveline, and diesel engines.
- Solid technical skills in electrical engineering.
- Basic understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic controls.
- Familiarity with ERP and/or MRP system as well as Familiarity with a PDM system.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field required.
4-6 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, with an understanding of heavy equipment, engine powertrain, and engine driveline components with a proven track record for executing successful engineering projects.