CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create product support documentation, such as operation, parts and service manuals, for high-force hydraulic tools, pumps and related equipment.
2. Edit and update existing documentation as required, in response to engineering changes and product improvements.
3. Read and analyze source documents, such as engineering drawings, bills-of-material, engineer’s markups, internal work instructions, vendor literature and other similar materials.
4. Create, edit and manipulate graphics used in technical manuals. Provide guidance to designers and other technical personnel regarding graphic needs and requirements.
5. Communicate effectively with engineers, designers, product managers, project managers and other subject matter experts.
6. Review and edit drafts and other preliminary documentation.
7. Prepare documents for language translation as required. Coordinate translation reviews and multi-language document releases.
8. Work and communicate with offsite personnel as needed. Travel required: Approximately 5 percent.
9. Maintain and update online technical publications database.
Skills and Competencies
1. Ability to work productively in a fast-paced and deadline driven NPD environment. Must be comfortable with simultaneously handling multiple assignments and responsibilities.
2. Solid written communications skills, with at least 3-5 years’ experience writing operation manuals, parts manuals, and related documentation in an industrial setting.
3. A high level of knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Including the Adobe In-Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop software programs. Knowledge of MS Office, including MS Word and MS Excel also required. Some QuarkXPress experience helpful.
5. An affinity with technology is required. Technical training and/or work experience in basic hydraulics and electrical circuits is a definite plus.
6. Familiarity with industrial safety standards such as ANSI Z535. Knowledge of ISO standards a plus.
7. Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, bills-of-material, supplier technical literature, internal work instructions and governmental regulations.
8. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from managers, team members, and customers.
9. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
10. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
11. Ability to work for an international organization, with many international contacts and a multitude of different products and markets.