CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE WITH CORE
As a CORE employee, you’ll have access to the latest software and training, a full benefit package, and a relaxed work environment. View our open positions below or contact us to talk about opportunities available in these exciting industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer products, electronics, food & beverage, industrial equipment, medical devices, mining, equipment, power, software, and web development.
Plan, organize and direct assigned financial control and compliance audits, as well as special projects or reviews within client Industries, as determined. The training and experience gained in this position offers potential or developmental opportunities for future financial and/or managerial positions within the Company.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Audit Senior will be responsible for performing audits to assess controls, identify control deficiencies, develop control deficiency remediation plans, and prepare formal audit reports to document the audit deficiencies and recommendations to resolve the issue.
• Planning, organizing and reporting of assigned audits.
• Supervising the audit and completing the assignment including all audit programs individually and collectively, assigned to the audit team.
• Interfacing with management to review issues and gain their acceptance and development of a business based solution.
• Analyze and access internal control risks.
• Develop the testing plan for assigned audits, with management review and approval.
• Prepare work papers to clearly support the audit conclusion in accordance with generally accepted auditing principles as to ensure the Company remains in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Participate in developing strategies for the cost-effective use of internal controls.
• Participate in the on-going review and evaluation of internal controls within the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures outlining the requirements and guidelines for performance and documentation of internal controls.
• BS degree in Accounting with 3 plus years of relevant audit or business experience.
• Big 4 experience preferred.
• General IT knowledge and experience.
• Ability to identify and evaluate control issues/processes and determine a cost effective means by which to address these issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills with working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management to discuss and evaluate identified control issues and associated remediation.
• Solid drive for results.
• Team player that thrives in both leadership and individual contributor assignments.
• Willingness to travel.
• CPA / CIA preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 30-35%.
Capabilities and Success Factors
• Foreign language abilities are a plus.
• Prefer experience working for a “Big 4” accounting firm.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple competing priorities.
• Possess strong writing, analytical and communication skills.
• Demonstrate business understanding and judgment.
• Competitive Salary
• Matching 401(k) contribution
• Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
• Educational Reimbursement
• Matching Gift Program